- download flickr photos that match tags (for example: beach,party)
- download photos from flickr users of your choice.
- download most interesting photos from flickr.
- download amazing daily proshots from Webshots (requires Webshots account).
- automatically download new photos for you.
- change your wallpaper every few minutes.
- import webshots collections (wbz or wbc formats).
- a simple photo collection browser, that will let you view the images in fullscreen, or set them as a wallpaper.
- browser integration for webshots - downloaded images are automatically added to your collection.
- command-line photo downloader.
I've got some stunning wallpapers from Flickr's daily feed of Interesting Photoes. I experimented with few keywords like: Gothic, Smile, Beautiful, Pretty, etc. And I got some wonderful pictures.
Sample Screenshots from my Desktop
openSUSE was not having rpms for this package. So I went ahead and created a build-service project for this. Go GRAB The RPM :-) (1-click install)
After installing the rpm, right-click on your gnome-panel and add "Webilder" from "Add to Panel..." You can click on this icon and launch webilder any time you want. From Tools -> Preferences you can choose the flickr tags, time after which wallpaper should change automatically, configure webshots account etc. Make sure you enable "Download Interesting Photoes" under flickr tab.
Thanks a lot to Nadav Samet for the awesome application. There were some small bugs in the software but there are some excellent wallpapers that I am getting that make me ignore these minor issues. I hope we get enough contributors to get these minor issues fixed and more features added (Download only high-res images, etc.)